cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cron block] dependency question
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:59:40 GMT
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
>>> The simplest possible thing would be to have a block descriptor extend
>>> a maven POM and use maven to build them.
>>
>> Wow, you propose using maven?
>
> apparently ;-)

Ok.

> blocks are very simple things and don't require special treatment so
> they could be built with maven easily. As for the whole thing, I'm still
> not sure.

Yes. And those blocks can be deployed on remote repositories to allow
other projects to depend on them. That's how we do since months. We've
developed our own Maven plugin to manage Cocoon projects outside the hole
cocoon tree. Cocoon for us is not more part of the project, just an
infrastructure as is httpd.

--
Giacomo Pati