cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luigi Bai <lpb+coc...@focalpoint.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:39:27 GMT
A benefit to forking Excalibur into Cocoon would be the availability of
the source code so people can track down bugs. I'm only a "light" Cocoon
user, and I've already been frustrated a number of times tracking down a
problem, only to hit the org.apache.avalon/excalibur "black hole". There
are three or four places to go to find the code, as far as I can tell, and
there seem to be an infinite number of modules to check out...

Forking the code to Cocoon would be nice: Cocoon committers could then
fix the bugs even if they are not Avalon/Excalibur/whatever committers.
Or, (has this been discussed before? Seems familiar) releasing a source
tarball for each jar shipped with Cocoon. Or, at least having a Wiki page
that has links to the CVS repos for various Excalibur/Avalon source trees
(Source, XML, Component, etc.).