cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject problems starting 2.1.6-dev
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:02:07 GMT
Hi All

I have today's checkout of BRANCH_2_1_X and cannot get it started.

I get this error when I hit localhost:8888:

Message:
jar:file:/Users/jerm/Development/Checkouts/Apache/Cocoon/BRANCH_2_1_X/
build/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-2.1.6-dev.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/
components/store/impl/ehcache.xml:66: Element <defaultCache> does not
allow attribute "diskPersistent".

I stripped out that param and got this:

Message:
jar:file:/Users/jerm/Development/Checkouts/Apache/Cocoon/BRANCH_2_1_X/
build/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-2.1.6-dev.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/
components/store/impl/ehcache.xml:66: Element <defaultCache> does not
allow attribute "diskExpiryThreadIntervalSeconds".

I stripped that param and Cocoon would not start at all:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
         at
a:39)
         at
Impl.java:25)
         at Loader.invokeMain(Unknown Source)
         at Loader.run(Unknown Source)
         at Loader.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
net.sf.ehcache.Cache.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;IZZJJZJ)V
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.store.impl.EHDefaultStore.initialize(EHDefa
ultStore.java:214)
         at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(Container
Util.java:283)
         at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstanc
e(DefaultComponentFactory.java:277)
         at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initial
ize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:108)
         at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.initiali
ze(ExcaliburComponentManager.java:522)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.initialize(CocoonCom
ponentManager.java:544)
         at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(Container
Util.java:283)
         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:314)
         at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(Container
Util.java:283)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:
1384)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:483)
         at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.start(ServletHolder.java:220)
         at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initializeServlets(ServletHandl
er.java:445)
         at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.initializeServlets(WebAp
plicationHandler.java:150)
         at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.start(WebApplicationCont
ext.java:458)
         at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:663)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.main(Server.java:429)
         ... 7 more

Any ideas anyone?

thanks

regards Jeremy