cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 09:44:24 GMT
Le 16 oct. 04, à 11:14, Guido Casper a écrit :
> ...for a start it would be the easiest to just drop in
> spring-core.jar. But we would have to make sure, that this cannot be
> interpreted as an invitation to introduce other dependencies....

Dependencies on Spring in the Cocoon core are certainly not a good
idea, OTOH at the *application level* it can be very useful to take
advantage of Spring's other features, as Ugo nicely shows in his GT

I haven't followed all details in this thread, but I'd like to say
that, IMHO (and I think there was consensus on this at the GT), looking
at the container problem at two different levels (Cocoon core and
applications levels) is a big plus.

Minimizing dependencies on external libraries in the core is a good
thing, and letting application developers use a powerful and well
documented components/enterprise patterns/whatever system like Spring,
without having to know too much about Cocoon internals, might help the
acceptance and usability of Cocoon a lot.

Of course this is already possible today, but making it the mainstream
way of doing things would be, again IMHO, a very appropriate message to
our users.

Just my two local money small coins.

View raw message