cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Howto drive response payload directly
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 07:16:19 GMT
Il giorno 26/ott/04, alle 08:54, Leszek Gawron ha scritto:

> Mark Lundquist wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have a Java object persisted using Hibernate... it contains an
>> image (java.sql.Blob) that I need to serve. I can get the object in
>> flowscript, now I just need to stream out this data (e.g.
>> "image.getBinaryStream()"). How can I do this?
>> Thanks,
>> /~ml
>> /
> I think you should implement a Reader or a new Source.

A Reader is the way to go. Which is a PITA, since it would be much
nicer if we could have a method in the "cocoon" object that would take
a byte array or an InputStream and serve a binary response directly
without going through another pipeline.

I'm redirecting this to the dev- list to see if other developers have
any thoughts about this.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/