cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: HtmlCleaningConvertor
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:22:14 GMT
On 27 Oct 2004, at 07:53, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> One question to the "strict" cleaning. IIRC Steven's presentation you
> use HtmlArea at the client. So I guess that the HtmlCleaner is in some
> way optimized (at least testet) with it and it should work fine with
> it. I mean that it doesn't swallow some parts of the user's HtmlArea
> input, does it?

It does, actually - by design. You need to specify the
not-to-be-swallowed parts [1]. Having done that, it works amazingly
well & gives you a nice mixture of rich-text-like, yet
structured-enough authoring, and the piece of mind that 1) you can
safely edit the same document using both IE and Mozilla without huge
reformatting issues, and 2) XHTML-like output is usable as XSLT input
without nasty clean-up stylesheets.

[1]
http://svn.cocoondev.org/viewsvn/trunk/daisy/services/htmlcleaner/src/
test/org/outerj/daisy/htmlcleaner/cleanerconf.xml?
view=auto&rev=736&root=daisy

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org