cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] StringTemplate: The answer to our templating needs?
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:31:10 GMT
Le 29 oct. 04, à 10:17, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> ...Hmm, one of the things I really don't like with JXTG is that you
> have to different expression languages. You never know which to
> use and some things work only with one specific language.
> And for me this comes near to FS :)

Yes - but pluggability can be useful for the future and have good
effects on code: if someone finds time to refactor the (working but
verrry scary if you ask me) JXTG code, making the expression language
pluggable certainly helps improve the code structure.

I don't think JXTG is broken now, it works well but the code is hard to
understand and having all classes in a single huge source code file
does not help.

> ...So, let's decide on one language that we think is the best, but
> let's provide a hook so others can plugin their language if *they*
> want to...

+1 to both

-Bertrand