cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:05:19 GMT
Il giorno 17/ott/04, alle 17:22, Daniel Fagerstrom ha scritto:

> data. In Spring you must as well supply wiring information about how
> the component is connected to other components thru setters. You need
> to describe the life cycle, if there are any initialization and
> destruction methods of the component and the names of them. You need
> to describe the life style, if it is e.g. a thread safe or poolable
> component.

I don't want to go into a debate on Dependency Injection versus Locator
(there's an article by Martin Fowler out there that talks about the
pros and cons of each approach). I just want to point out that using DI
does not rule out the possibility of doing lookups. In Spring, for
instance, you can implement the ApplicationContextAware interface and
get handed an ApplicationContext that you can use to look up other
components a-la Avalon.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/