cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Expression languages (was Re: [RT] StringTemplate: The answer to our templating needs?)
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:00:02 GMT
Le 29 oct. 04, à 15:51, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>> And technically in plain XPath it would be something like
>>>
>>>   //widget/foo/@bar
>>

>> IIUC, JXPath has pluggable introspectors, so it above can be reduced
>> to:
>>
>>   $widget/foo/@bar
>

> Eeek. Do you really think people will write their introspectors to
> have a readable syntax?

I'm a bit lost here (ok it's Friday ;-)

JXPath *does* actually do stuff like $bean/member/submember, right?

And according to its docs [1] it should also allow
$bean/member/@submember and return the same result.

So, I don't see what we're talking about really - I must be missing
something obviously ;-)

-Bertrand

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jxpath/users-guide.html#Attributes