cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Upgrade HSQLDB to 1.7.2 in 2.1.6-dev
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:41:47 GMT
Le 28 oct. 04, à 09:32, Ugo Cei a écrit :
> ...In this sense, "less is more" and I'd be probably be -1 on
> switching to Derby, on account of the fact that, by bundling a
> full-fetaured RDBMS, we will probably give the impression that we
> somehow endorse it as the recommended solution...

I basically agree but this needs to be balanced with promoting good ASF
stuff.
Basing our samples on ASF libraries and tools helps promote them.

Me, I'd be +1 if someone wanted to switch to Derby for the DB samples,
assuming this person does the work (as there is nothing to fix in
regarding the HSQLDB samples AFAIK).

> ..Then people will starting asking suppport questions relevant to
> Derby on the users' list and so on...

We'd just tell them to go ask on Derby's lists, which might bring more
users to them.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that less is more and that our samples must
stay samples - but if we can base them on ASF stuff, all the better.

-Bertrand