cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Building ECM++ for 2.2
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:56:29 GMT
On 18 Oct 2004, at 10:57, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> The following idea came to my mind during the weekend. All the
> recent discussions about a new core/container etc. show that
> a possible future version of Cocoon will have a different
> component handling than we have now.
>
> One major concern for me is compatibility.

That's why I was talking to Stefano about implementing "blocks" in the
current architecture... Although it's a sitemap hack (or at least, it
won't provide the full flexibility that blocks _really_ require), it
will give a migration path in which certain features could be shared
between the current and possible future codebase, and easing the
conversion from one platform to another...

That's my 0.02£

	Pier