cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2004 08:30:25 GMT
Il giorno 16/ott/04, alle 20:51, Pier Fumagalli ha scritto:

> And that said, I close this whole discussion as I think it's entirely
> pointless, I'll let Stefano re-iterate why class loading isolation is
> required to achieve blocks polymorphism.

I don't think it is entirely pointless. For one thing, since we usually
meet face-to-face once a year, this list is the only place where we can
have design discussions. But it's also true that most of the time you
cannot convince others just by discussing. You have to show some code.
I hope that, at least, this discussion prompted some more people to
take a look at the code that you and me have written and maybe
contribute some.

Having said that, I don't think Stefano needs to reiterate why each
block must have its own classloader. That's pretty much obvious, IMHO.

	Cheers,

		Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/