cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Corin Moss" <Corin.M...@tvnz.co.nz>
Subject RE: FilesystemStore broken???
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:52:20 GMT

Hiya,

This probably works for the FilesystemStore, but both the JCS and
EHCache stores use their own store file - so everything is cached within
one big binary file - which means that something else has to take over
the deleting cycle. Also add to this that when you use event based
caching you can't rely on time stamps - something could be 3 months old
in the cache but still be valid.

Corin

-----Original Message-----
From: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:vadim@reverycodes.com]
Sent: Friday, 22 October 2004 12:39 p.m.
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: FilesystemStore broken???

Corin Moss wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> This does indeed cause problems now that true persistence is working.
> Given that no space is actually recovered from the persistent store
> (even when items are invalid) the disk-cache grows - even across
> shutdown /startup cycles.  I guess the store janitor will need to be
> modified to enable removal of expired / invalid content.

It's not its job. Moreover, it does not know what is stored in the Store
and
whether it is valid or not. Way easier solution is to add a line to
crontab:

    rm `find -atime +7`

So only files not used at all in a week or more will get erased. Easy,
efficient, no coding required.

Vadim

us online at http://www.tvnz.co.nz