cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: GT2004 was brilliant
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:40:12 GMT

On 15 Oct 2004, at 20:31, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Ugo Cei wrote:
>
>> Il giorno 15/ott/04, alle 12:04, Gianugo Rabellino ha scritto:
>>> Any chance you can "just" iDVD it for now with just separate chapters
>>> per session? I know this would mean a hefty download, but isn't this
>>> why bittorrent is there? Others then might jump in and postproduce
>>> the
>>> sessions. But I would certainly like having DVD quality video for the
>>> GT.
>> I would certainly like this better that last year's videos, whose
>> quality was certainly not optimal for, say, projecting them on a
>> large screen to your office colleagues (this is not to blame Stefano,
>> who probably did the best possible job, given the desired compression
>> levels).
>> I am just wondering: will we be able to fit everything in a single
>> DVD?
>
> forget it. Last year I had 4 DV tapes for a total of 40Gb. Cut here
> and there and you get 30Gb, reduce quality and framerate by two and
> you might get to 10Gb, but not sure about how presentable it would be.

+1

I also feel that while it is nice to have (and I AM working on it)
..... the video itself is not particularly interesting ......

What I think would make better reference/teaching material would be
SMILs that play the Slides + any notes sync'd to the Audio tracks.

You would have much more chance of actually reading the slides, and
bandwidth would be MUCH lower ...... the only thing you would miss is
the laser pointer ...... and our handsome mugs ;)

regards Jeremy

                                 IT IS NOT FROM ME

                         Always check the label, folks !!!!!