cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: problems starting 2.1.6-dev
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:08:22 GMT
On 18 Oct 2004, at 18:27, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I would like to change the ASF policy toward the LGPL saying that
> "importing is ok, implementing is not". That means that if you
> implement, your code has to be LGPL, then you can import that. The
> spirit of the LGPL is maintained and the FSF will not have a problem
> with it, IMO.

Sanity check!!!

The code I wrote integrates the Hibernate cache with the Cocoon one,
and to do so, I've had to IMPLEMENT the following interfaces:

http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/api/net/sf/hibernate/cache/
CacheProvider.html
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/api/net/sf/hibernate/cache/Cache.html

The code we're talking about is BEYOND DOUBT LGPL...

	Pier