cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:25:35 GMT
Il giorno 14/ott/04, alle 09:44, Reinhard Poetz ha scritto:

> As you may have seen, I use Easymock at the Cocoon Block Deployer for
> my tests. IIUC, having a framework like this, also makes it very easy
> to test frameworks like Avalon because you can mock the service
> manager with a few lines of code. What I want to say, testability
> isn't a real difference but I agree with the other mentioned
> advantages containers providing dependency injection.

Er ... no, I haven't had much time to look at it deeply, yet. In any
case, could you please provide something like an "executive summary" of
what the BD is, particularly whether it is supposed to work with the
current blocks system or with something new, and such.

Re testability, I agree that mock objects can help a lot, but sometimes
it can even be easier to be able to do without.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/