cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Implementation of the Continuations checker
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:04:27 GMT
On Oct 30, 2004, at 6:17 AM, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>>
>>> I suppose in the trunk only (not in 2.1) or did you strip off
>>> ALL event package references?
>>>
>> I didn't change anything in 2.1 - but I guess that the event package
>> is only used in the continuations manager in 2.1 as well. if that is
>> the case, change 2.1 as well and we are "free" from the event package.
>
> Ok, if there are no objections from others, lets say until Tuesday, I
> will start moving the Cron block into Core and fix the Thread issues
> starting Wednesday next week.

Why Quartz vs Event?

Given the requirements that Vadim laid out:

  * Continuation manager.
    Need to execute single task periodically.
  * Store janitor.
    Need to execute single task periodically.
  * DefaultIncludeCacheManager.
    Need to execute single task immideately, only once.
    Need to execute multiple tasks immideately, only once.
  * IncludeTransformer.
    Need to execute multiple tasks immideately, only once.

Sounds like the Event package would be a better fit. Or creating our
own as Stefano suggested (to be in control of our destiny)
-pete