cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: container independent lifecycles?
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 16:36:54 GMT
Il giorno 16/ott/04, alle 17:12, Unico Hommes ha scritto:

> That was one of my questions also. I have not had time to look at
> Spring framework so bare with me. One of the issues we currently have
> with ECM is that it does not do shutdown in order based on dependency
> information. At several places this leads to errors when component A
> that relies on component B to do work during its shutdown fase finds
> component B already was destroyed. Does Spring handle this case?

I posted a question about this to the Spring forum:

http://forum.springframework.org/viewtopic.php?p=5583#5583

More info about lifecycles from the docs:

"If you need custom features or other lifecycle behavior Spring doesn't
offer out-of-the-box, you can implement a BeanPostProcessor yourself.
More information about this can be found in Section 3.7, “Customizing
beans with BeanPostprocessors”."

http://www.springframework.org/docs/reference/beans.html#beans-factory-
lifecycle

--