cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] doco lite?
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:42:57 GMT
> ...So we would have two separate instances of Cocoon (or Forrest).
> One is the staging server, which is the head. The other is the
> live site, which uses the "current-docs" tag...

Not necessarily two instances, could be one IMHO, with URLs selecting
either the relased docs or other tags (and prominent markers on the
page when viewing an unreleased revision).

> ...I do see some issues with this proposal. When one edits a
> single document, they can click and view, and will be able
> to see any structural and content problems. When one edits
> a heap of documents, then would need to click on each doc
> to see if it works...

Yes. Could use a validation/crawler script though.

> ...Broken internal links are not apparent by just looking...

Also true, and here also a validation/crawler mechanism could help.

> ...Does SVN enable us to "move" tags? If not, then this
> proposal might fail. We could not have a new tag
> for every little documentation tweak....

hmm...if moving tags is not practical we could always do the opposite,
have a dynamic configuration parameter indicating which revision is the
currently published one.

-Bertrand