cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:11:59 GMT
Il giorno 16/ott/04, alle 13:52, Sylvain Wallez ha scritto:

> That's the whole goal of turning Cocoon components into POJOs: have
> our code become totally independent on the container that hosts them.
> Let's use Tani for inter-blocks and Spring for intra-block. I one day
> we're not satified with them, we can just use something else without a
> single code change in components.

+1000!

> Configuration file format may change, but providing an XSL to migrate
> it should be a piece of cake should it ever happen.

As an aside, Spring's BeanFactory is completely decoupled from the XML
format. The BeanFactory relies on an abstract BeanDefiniitionReader and
the XmlBeanDefinitionReader is just one of the possible
implementations. There are implementations available for reading bean
definitions from property files or SQL tables and of course one can
always implement more.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/