cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 07:35:06 GMT
Il giorno 14/ott/04, alle 04:20, Niclas Hedhman ha scritto:

> A Cocoon Pojo will not be easier to use outside the Cocoon
> environment than today's set of components are, since there are so
> many other
> things that needs to happen.

Just to clarify: _no_one_ is thinking about using Cocoon components
outside Cocoon. But if your components have no dependencies on the
container, you get two things:

1. You can move them to a different container more easily, assuming the
new container provides the same set of basic services as the old. This
is not the case today.
2. Testability.

As for your other points, which are certainly worth considering, I'm
not replying to them since I don't want to start a war of religion of
the kind "my container is better than yours". I'll just point out that
at the Hackathon we reached some kind of consensus between people who
are prepared to do some work or that have already done some work (see
the kernel and butterfly attempts). Now it's time to JFDI (Just Fscking
Do it).

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/