cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: FilesystemStore broken???
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:25:30 GMT
On 20 Oct 2004, at 01:01, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>>
>> After a brief suggestion from Carsten, given that I already have a
>> B-Tree indexing filesystem under my live application (ReiserFS) I
>> wanted to switch the persistent store to be the FilesystemStore, and
>> ignore all those JISP/JCACHE/EHCACHE/blablabla stuff...
>> Looking at my cocoon.xconf, I see this:
>> WARNING: FilesystemStore and JispStore are broken.
>
> FilesystemStore:
>
>   It was consistently not working (IIRC) since 2.1 - which has
>   significantly larger keys - and this means, store will create
>   files with significantly larger file names - which do not fit
>   into most file systems.
>
> [...]
>
> You can try and improve FilesystemStore. May be use some hash for the
> file name?

Yeah... Now that I know what I have to look at, I can give it a shot...
I don't know the filename length on RaiserFS, but that's what I want to
use :-P

Frankly, having a B-Tree index on top of another B-Tree index seems
kinda of a waste, that's why I don't want to use all those caching
things anymore... They're soooo Windows FAT-32!!! :-P

	Pier