cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Conal Tuohy" <Conal.Tu...@vuw.ac.nz>
Subject RE: [RT] doco lite?
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:18:18 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> 2)Should any effort towards documentation ATM go into improving its
> *quality* or improving its
> {searchability|updateability|scaleability|auto-generateability}
>
> WDYT?

Personally, I think that Cocoon has a lot of good documentation, but poorly/inconsistently
organised. I know I have many bookmarks of Cocoon-related resources, many of which deal with
the same actual topic. Often I know I've seen some useful documentation somewhere but it takes
a while to find it again. That's why I think that Bertrand's idea of harvesting metadata from
the docs and using Lucene to cluster them semantically and automatically is an excellent one.
With a live Cocoon instance it would not be too hard (just in XSLT) to harvest a lot of useful
lucene fields from the xdocs, wiki docs, mail archives, etc. Java class names, namespace URIs,
sitemap tags, etc, are all there already, and could all be used to pull the docs together
into a more topical framework.

Cheers

Con