cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gong <steven.g...@gmail.com>
Subject cross-reference problem in cocoon 2.1.5 release
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:11:47 GMT
Hi all,
    Maybe it's an avalon issue and maybe I should post it to user
list, but I think it may be a problem with ECM which is deprecated in
avalon (or excalibur) and used by cocoon.
    I developed and declared two components CompA and CompB in
cocoon.xconf. Both are Serviceable and in the service method CompA
lookups up CompB and vice versa.  When I use cocoon.getComponent to
get CompA in js, StackOverflowError occurs.  It's caused by lookup's
implementation of the component container of ECM.
    I know it's not a good design using cross-reference of components,
but in some cases, they are useful and this error can be avoided if
lookup is implementated carefully, right?
    Is this a problem or is there a work-around for it? (I've noticed
ECM++ will be introduced into cocoon, has the implementation noticed
this point?)
                                    Steven Gong