cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: getInputStream() in FOM_Cocoon.FOM_Request ?
Date Sun, 24 Oct 2004 11:47:32 GMT

On 24-okt-04, at 1:38, Frédéric Glorieux wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Like explained in another thread, I'm trying to implement a PUT
> binaries in the webdav/davmap demo. I wrote a simple "RequestReader"
> like waited in the sitemap sample, it works well for httpRequest,
> because there is a  getInputStream() method. But the sample sitemap is
> calling a pipeline from flow, and  FOM_Cocoon.FOM_Request doesn't seem
> to accept to give an InputStream in the API. I have a simple question,
> why ? There's a piece of architecture I can't understand there between
> all these requests.

The Request interface itself does not have getInputStream method, only
HttpRequest does. So first step would be to add getInputStream method
to the Request and then add it to FOM.

I think this would be a good addition. What do others think?

> Workaround are easy (less flow, more JAVA), but this could be sad for
> this so pure davmap, and also because it was my first flow try.
>
> A request reader could perhaps be useful elsewhere ?

IIRC it was mentioned a while ago that ModuleSource would deprecate
StreamGenerator. I guess we found out it is not the case yet. But if we
modify the Response object the I described then I guess the combination
of the ModuleSource and the ResourceReader would be equivalent to the
Request Reader.

--
Unico