cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 18:51:52 GMT
On 16 Oct 2004, at 13:31, Ugo Cei wrote:

> Il giorno 16/ott/04, alle 13:28, Carsten Ziegeler ha scritto:
>
>> For a long time I was against writing our own container as I
>> saw it simply as a waist of time/resources. But after just
>> talking five minutes with Pier at the GT, I changed my
>> opinion :) (Sometimes Pier can be really convincing).
>
> Pier should have spent another five minutes trying to convince me ;-).

I spent more time with you than with Carsten, Ugo... Probably some
people have a wider perception of live which helps them understanding
better other people's position.

As I personally need the kernel, I will personally invest some more
time into it, Cocoon or not (frankly, I could care less at this point).

I think that the current kernel code is wrong, as it's based on
implementation of interfaces a-la Avalon, and you showed me a way to
embrace the new idea of however-you-call-it component injection or POJO
container. That's a must, and I want that in. Class loader isolation is
another must.

And that said, I close this whole discussion as I think it's entirely
pointless, I'll let Stefano re-iterate why class loading isolation is
required to achieve blocks polymorphism.

	Pier