cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Heads up] Change to build system in 2.1.x
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:15:44 GMT
Il giorno 25/ott/04, alle 19:14, Unico Hommes ha scritto:

> I've completed the changes to the build system discussed earlier [1].
> In order to do so I have extended the gump descriptor with additional
> information that allows the build system to locate one or more
> dependency jars per <depend> project within ./lib/optional. See for an
> example the cocoon-block-axis project definition in gump.xml
>
> Every block now *must* declare all the dependencies it requires to
> compile in gump.xml just in order for it to build properly.

Looks like this is not a backward-compatible change. Blocks which are
distributed outside of Cocoon (like Fins or my Spring Petstore) must
change their deployment instructions to add all those <depend> elements
(and put dependencies in gump too, which wasn't required before, even
though it might have been good practice).

Shouldn't we make this change in trunk only and leave 2.1 as is?

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/