cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bart Molenkamp" <b.molenk...@bizzdesign.nl>
Subject Calling SitemapSource.getInputStream() more than once throws SourceException
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:21:10 GMT
Hi all,

I've noticed that it's not possible to call the getInputStream() on
instances of SitemapSource classes can only be called once. Calling it a
second time throws an exception.

Is that correct behaviour, or is that a bug? If this is a bug, maybe
there are two solutions which I can implement if needed:
1. Cache the input stream in SitemapSource.getInputStream(). First call
will get the input stream data, further calls will simply return the
cached data.
2. Rewrite the SourceDataSource.getInputStream(). Upon every call
resolving the source, then callling the sources getInputStream().

In my use-case, I use pipelines to generate the body for email messages.
I resolve the source, and create a new
org.apache.cocoon.mail.datasource.SourceDataSource instance and pass the
source to it. When sending, it looks like the JavaMail api calls the
getInputStream() more than once.

Thanks,
Bart.