cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Implementation of the Continuations checker
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:46:58 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>I think the key point is that we are using Quartz as the implementation,
>but not as the interface. Now we already have the quartz block with
>the required implementation, so it's easy to use that.
>The first step is to do this move. If then someone things that an
>own implementation would be better, this can simply be changed without
>destroying compatibility.
>
>Carsten

I'm not saying don't do this, but I am asking if this is really what you
want.  After briefly looking at the Event interface and the Cron block,
they appear to be very different.  The Cron block appears to be about
job scheduling, which is fine if that is really what you want.  But if
you really want some sort of Event handling, I'm not sure Cron is what
you want - mostly I guest because I'm not sure what that means.

I guess I would just like a confirmation that the interface that is
going to be used is acceptable.

Ralph