cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: [RT] StringTemplate: The answer to our templating needs?
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:05:17 GMT
Bart Molenkamp wrote:

> [...]
You are right the SoC might be broken easily. Still you can code your business
logic in flow. It's not elegant but you can. Same goes for templating
languages. You shouldn't break SoC but you can. That won't kill you. That's
how I started using cocoon. After a few projects you realize yourself that XSP
  does not work for you and you try to make the project be more elegant. You
are ready for more advanced approach.

It's like driving a car: a car has a power to go 200 km/h. Still you are being
taught not to drive at that speed. You should be able to do a lot with your
templating language but be advised to do it in some commonly agreed manner.