cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric Glorieux <frederic.glori...@ajlsm.com>
Subject Re: webdav block, davmap, binaries PUT, request reader
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:57:02 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:
> Hi again,

Hello

> I thought that would have worked :-/ The problem may be that
> getInputStream is not defined on the Response interface but only on
> HttpResponse class. Hmm sorry, I guess a Reader is the best option ATM.

Thanks for the modifications in request(s) APIs to have an InputStream.
I put a pure cocoon webdav implementation in tests with some windows users.

They can
browse a webfolder in their MS.Windows.Explorer
save as URI with OpenOffice.org and XMLspy

There's still some bugs (usually from clients), but I could provide a
quite generic webdav.xmap+webdav.js under Apache License after more
tests and solving some issues :

  * To be more generic (for another thread ?), I was wondering of what
could be the best way to pass a parameter from parent sitemap to a
mounted sitemap. For webdav, the idea was to provide acces to a
documents folder, but also why not, the webapp folder for a developper.
Bad practice, but for a fast patch on online app in test phase...
  * Webdav compliant authentification is not so easy to solve.

Fred.

--
Frédéric Glorieux (ingénieur documentaire, AJLSM)
<http://www.ajlsm.com>