cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Project rules (was Re: Let's deprecate the PHP block)
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:21:48 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> So when a real, potentially damaging, issue arises we will have no
>> way to sensibly handle it.
>

> It has been working fine so far and I see no evidence of things changing.

Even if I'm more inline with Stefano's way of seeing things and have a
natural tendency of letting things self-organizing, I also agree that
having clear rules may ease our job, and fostering work on them is part
of my PMC chair job. I looked at Forrest [1] and Excalibur [2] bylaws
and I like their way of being minimal yet sufficient by pointing where
relevant to the foundation's documents.

We could simply copy/paste them and adapt the "decision making" chapter
to reflect the "Cocoon way" which is adds this "spontaneous vote" we saw
with PHP block discussion.

Sylvain

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/forrest/trunk/src/documentation/content/xdocs/bylaws.xml