cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HtmlCleaningConvertor
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:13:40 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> On 27 Oct 2004, at 07:53, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> One question to the "strict" cleaning. IIRC Steven's presentation you
>> use HtmlArea at the client. So I guess that the HtmlCleaner is in
>> some  way optimized (at least testet) with it and it should work fine
>> with  it. I mean that it doesn't swallow some parts of the user's
>> HtmlArea  input, does it?
>

> It does, actually - by design. You need to specify the
> not-to-be-swallowed parts [1]. Having done that, it works amazingly
> well & gives you a nice mixture of rich-text-like, yet
> structured-enough authoring, and the piece of mind that 1) you can
> safely edit the same document using both IE and Mozilla without huge
> reformatting issues, and 2) XHTML-like output is usable as XSLT input
> without nasty clean-up stylesheets.
>
> [1]
> http://svn.cocoondev.org/viewsvn/trunk/daisy/services/htmlcleaner/src/
> test/org/outerj/daisy/htmlcleaner/cleanerconf.xml?
> view=auto&rev=736&root=daisy
>
> </Steven>

I really like your highly configurable design. The more I know the more I want
to see it becoming part of Cocoon :-)

Do you (OT) prefer moving it over to Cocoon yourself or should I do it? It
wouldn't have top-priority on my Cocoon todo list but I would do the job
sometime in November (so if somebody has more time and/or needs it right now,
don't hesitate ;-))

--
Reinhard