cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [Heads up] Change to build system in 2.1.x
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:35:15 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:
> I've completed the changes to the build system discussed earlier [1]. In
> order to do so I have extended the gump descriptor with additional
> information that allows the build system to locate one or more
> dependency jars per <depend> project within ./lib/optional. See for an
> example the cocoon-block-axis project definition in gump.xml
>
> Every block now *must* declare all the dependencies it requires to
> compile in gump.xml just in order for it to build properly.
>
> Since I am not very familiar with gump.xml and I had to add a lot of
> information it is very probable that I made a mistake or two with the
> way local projects are declared.

I thought you'll add <libary/> element which would be independent of <depend/>

element and thus avoid any possible conflicts with Gump. But now I see that
you'd added bunch of new <depend/> elements - which are not currently required
by Gump - I don't think we should do that.

I'd sleep better if instead of:

+    <depend project="db-ojb"/>
+    <depend project="antlr"/>
+    <depend project="commons-dbcp"/>
+    <depend project="commons-pool"/>

We'd have:

+    <library project="db-ojb"/>
+    <library project="antlr"/>
+    <library project="commons-dbcp"/>
+    <library project="commons-pool"/>

WDYT?

> I guess we'll discover all that soon
> enough.

We won't - Gump does not build 2.1, but only 2.2, AFAIK.

Vadim