cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: getInputStream() in FOM_Cocoon.FOM_Request ?
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:32:53 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> But we have to define the behavior of getInputStream for environments
> where it has no meaning (e.g. background env,

It can be initialized with java.io.InputStream (File, byte array), or null. If
null, throw exception.

> sitemap source, cocoonbean

I believe you mean CLI environment. CocoonBean does not (should not) depend on
environment (hopefully). For CLI, InputStream can be initialized with either
FileInputStream, or System.in, or null. If null, throw exception.

> etc).

MailEnvironment - has input stream.
HttpEnvironment - has input stream as well.
PortletEnvironment - action request has input stream.

> IMO, we should throw an exception for these cases.

Agreed.

Vadim