cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Krulewitz <sh...@mm.st>
Subject Possible bug in SitemapSource (2.1.5)
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:26:10 GMT
Hey all --

I'm seeing a problem with a SitemapSource where the first input stream
returned by it is correct, but after calling refresh() and getting the
input stream again, the stream contains a "resource not found" exception
page.  Example:

Source source = resolver.resolveURI("cocoon://some/pipeline");
InputStreamReader reader = new
InputStreamReader(source.getInputStream(), "UTF-8");

// here the input stream contains the proper contents

source.refresh();
reader = new InputStreamReader(source.getInputStream(), "UTF-8");

// here the input stream has the resource not found page

I noticed this problem when using the MailSender component and sending
the sitemap uri as the body source.  By setting breakpoints, I saw that
the getInputStream() method of the SitemapSource was called twice to
send a single message (not sure why) and the second time it was called
the contents of the stream contains the resource not found exception page.

This is cocoon 2.1.5.  As a workaround, I am manually retrieving the
output of the source myself (to avoid the two call problem) and this is
working fine.

cheers,
-steve