cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: [cron block] dependency question
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:17:53 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Unico Hommes wrote:
>
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>> Just an idea; can we move ALL libraries to lib/optional, and copy
>>> them into the WEB-INF/lib on as-needed basis, i.e. if block included
>>> which needs a library, only then librariy is copied over? This
>>> should be possible using the info from gump.xml...
>>>

>> OK, I started working on this. Actually the changes to the build
>> system were a breeze. The only difficulty I am currently having is
>> with gump.xml because I am not very familiar with it. A lot of blocks
>> project declarations have missing dependency information. In those
>> cases I need to find out the project's gump name. How do I do that?
>>
>> Another thing is that some external project names may not correspond
>> to the name of the jar in our repository. Should I rename the jar in
>> that case or is there a way to specify an alternative jar name in the
>> descriptor?
>

> I don't like renaming jars... Can we just extend gump.xml with the
> info we need? In this case, for a block, we need a list of jar files
> it requires from lib/optional.

The way I have it now is that for each <depend> I add an <include
name={@project}-*.jar/> to the <fileset> . We could add a library
attribute that overides the project attribute. For instance:

<project name="cocoon-block-axis">
  <depend project="xml-axis" library="axis"/>

On the other hand, I think there are also cases (actually perhaps
xml-axis it one) where one project delivers more than one jar. In that
case perhaps library attribute must become a comma separated list. On
second thought it may be better to create a <library> child element.

Thoughts?

--
Unico