cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: [cron block] dependency question
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:02:19 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Unico Hommes wrote:
>

>> I'd like to add the ability to use an excalibur DataSourceComponent
>> as the ConnectionProvider for the QuartzJobScheduler's JobStore.
>> However the solution I had in mind results in an additional
>> dependency on the cocoon databases block. Not because of a
>> compilation dependency on the source code of that block but on a jar
>> in its lib directory. Am I correct in assuming that the policy on
>> this is that I move the excalibur-datasource jar to lib/optional?
>

> Just an idea; can we move ALL libraries to lib/optional, and copy them
> into the WEB-INF/lib on as-needed basis, i.e. if block included which
> needs a library, only then librariy is copied over? This should be
> possible using the info from gump.xml...

OK, I started working on this. Actually the changes to the build system
were a breeze. The only difficulty I am currently having is with
gump.xml because I am not very familiar with it. A lot of blocks project
declarations have missing dependency information. In those cases I need
to find out the project's gump name. How do I do that?

Another thing is that some external project names may not correspond to
the name of the jar in our repository. Should I rename the jar in that
case or is there a way to specify an alternative jar name in the descriptor?

--
Unico