cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: VMWare host for us @apache.org
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:44:35 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl wrote:
>

>>Upayavira wrote:
>>

>>>While we can start thinking about where to host, I think
>>>we've first got
>>>to clarify what we want to host. As yet, I've only as yet got a vague
>>>idea of what we want - "a machine to run Cocoon, possibly doing its
>>>docs". What does that actually mean? What would we install?
>>>How would we
>>>do docs? Is it pure Cocoon, or Forrest? If Forrest, what about Cocoon
>>>samples? Will we want additional mini webapps? What sort of
>>>things? Etc,
>>>etc, etc. I think we should get these things sorted before we mention
>>>anything to infrastructure, in order for our case to sound convincing.
>>>

>>+1
>>
>>I'd say: docs and samples and, in future, "administrative" webapps like e.g.
>>a form for link requests.
>>I'm not sure what you mean by "additional mini webapps", but I'd say
>>anything that would go in the "samples" section of Cocoon.
>>

>I reckon the Cocoon Samples, plus make the new Link Submission
>part of that. That way developers can have that as a local app too.

Yup, that's the easy bit.

>The docs aspect needs lots of consideration. If Cocoon wants to
>continue using Forrest, then we would like help to implement
>our plans for the Forrestbot and staging server for reviewing
>docs prior to publication.
>
>We had a huge discussion on this at infrastructure.at.a.o a few
>months ago. That needs to be summarised and brought into the open.

I think this is the sort of thing I was referring to. If we can clarify
what we have in mind, and get a number of us behind it, then I could see
it as being possible.

But there's a lot to clarify/understand. Would you be willing to explain
here what you had in mind for your Forrestbot setup? Presumably this
setup would still use CVS/SVN as the versioning system for the actual
xdoc files?

Regards, Upayavira