cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: FilesystemStore broken???
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:57:28 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> On 21 Oct 2004, at 04:22, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Store:
>>   "Clean out" here writes stuff out into the persistent store,
>>   if stuff is Serializable.
>> Transient store:
>>   "Clean out" here removes stuff completely, hence the
>>   name: "transient".
>> Persistent store:
>>   Janitor does not touch this store at all. No "clean out"
>>   happening at all.
>

> So, given that the cache is caching in the persistent store, who cleans
> it out? The cache itself? This is getting _waay_ to frisky for my taste :-(

Cache caches into Store. Store overflows into PersistentStore when low on memory
or on shutdown (*).

Cache cleans up stale items on "as-detected" basis, or, if you use event cache
pipelines, stale items removed as per external events (**).

Vadim

* Might not work with JCS / EHCache implementations
** Don't know much about this event stuff myself