cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: [cron block] dependency question
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:00:23 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Unico Hommes wrote:

[snip]

>> For splitting the eclipse project there is an additional requirement
>> that blocks and core directory don't overlap. Eclipse cannot deal
>> with overlapping projects. So that would mean that the 2.2 core move
>> to /repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core .
>

> IMO the eclipse project file for a block contains
>
> - two source directories (public/private)
> - Cocon core lib
> - public libraries of blocks it depends on
> - external libraries (currently in lib/optional)
>
> This way we don't have to deal with Eclipse project dependencies, do we?

Ah, so you mean to keep the notion of a single eclipse project but one
whose project descriptor is split between a top level core one that
references project fragments inside individual blocks using entity
references? I am just guessing.

At least in eclipse this is illegal:

./.project.xml
./blocks/blockA/.project.xml

Opening both projects at the same time in the same workspace is not
possible.

--
Unico