cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [cron block] dependency question
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:46:29 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:

> What
> about having only one repository location for blocks? I am so tired of
> all the duplicate effort we have to do for each and every change to
> blocks. It shouldn't be neccessary.
>
> There probably isn't a small amount of work involved to get it working

Me thinks it is enough to change just one line in build.properties?

   blocks=${src}${file.separator}blocks

> but I'd like to know exactly what it would take to byte this bullet.
> Some of the steps involved that I can distinguish are:
>
> 1. Merge/sync the current 2.1.x and 2.2 blocks.What blocks have the
> biggest differences between their 2.1.x and 2.2 copy?

svn diff

> If there are
> unresolvable differerences, how to handle that?

Before we start to speculate, we should identify such differences and discuss
them. If 2.2 to be compatible with 2.1 (modulo deprecations), blocks should not
have unresolvable differences.

Vadim