cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: VMWare host for us @apache.org
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:41:34 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 21 oct. 04, à 11:54, Upayavira a écrit :
>
>> ...If we have needs for running our own stuff, e.g. having the latest
>> Cocoon samples usable from the Cocoon website, we should make a
>> request to the infrastructure team for a VM for ourselves, as soon as
>> they have done the necessary hardware upgrades....
>

> If it's debian I'm willing to help setup and co-administer such a
> machine. Could also help with other distros but it's really debian
> that I know the best, and apt-get is a big plus assuming the admin
> would be shared between several people.

Me too (debian that is).

> Having our own live Cocoon instance(s) could make all the difference
> in the way we do our docs, so if there's an opportunity I think we
> should make it happen.

How much access these machines can handle I don't know - i.e.
infrastructure maintain minotaur at a level that can handle all of our
HTTP access to cocoon.apache.org. Whether a VM could handle hosting
cocoon.apache.org, I don't know. But if we stuck Apache with mod_cache
in front, who knows?

infrastructure@. Sit on there and read. You'll learn a lot!

>> ...In the meantime, using our existing mechanisms, we should do as
>> Antonio suggested - improve the notes on the livesites page, stating:
>> Put an entry entitled [LINK] Blah into bugzilla, and answer these
>> questions. If you don't answer them, your request will not be
>> considered.
>
> +1

Helma, what do you think? Could you create a patch for this?

Regards, Upayavira