cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] applying SoC on cocoon itself
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:06:54 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>
>>> Mmhh... what if other parameters are also URIs?
>>

>> If src attribute to be interpreted always as a Source object... We
>> could add map:source as well:
>>
>>   <map:transformer type="three-source-transformer">
>>     <map:source name="first" value=""/>
>>     <map:source name="second" value=""/>
>>     <map:source name="third" value=""/>
>>     <map:parameter name="foo" value="bar"/>
>>   </map:transformer>
>>

>> Vadim
>>

> Or another alternative
>
>    <map:transformer type="three-source-transformer">
>      <map:parameter name="first" value="bar" type="source"/>
>    </map:transformer>

Typing parameters. That's *really* interesting. I prefer Reinhard's
proposal which leaves room for future expansion to other types.

We could even go further with POJO components (yeah, I like it) where
parameters would be directly injected in the corresponding properties,
being therefore implicitely strongly typed.

Sylvain