cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [cron block] dependency question
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:33:28 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:

> I'd like to add the ability to use an excalibur DataSourceComponent as
> the ConnectionProvider for the QuartzJobScheduler's JobStore. However
> the solution I had in mind results in an additional dependency on the
> cocoon databases block. Not because of a compilation dependency on the
> source code of that block but on a jar in its lib directory. Am I
> correct in assuming that the policy on this is that I move the
> excalibur-datasource jar to lib/optional?

Just an idea; can we move ALL libraries to lib/optional, and copy them into the
WEB-INF/lib on as-needed basis, i.e. if block included which needs a library,
only then librariy is copied over? This should be possible using the info from
gump.xml...

This way we could eliminate several pseudo dependencies like this.

Vadim