cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] applying SoC on cocoon itself
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:35:28 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:

<snip/<

>>Or maybe a good solution can be to combine both approaches:
>>the sitemap engine will use the mini-processor approach, and
>>component lookups (which are not that often used) lead to the
>>creation of a simple wrapper object implementing the Java
>>interface, but that doesn't care about caching as SWT and
>>ZipArchiveSerializer don't care about it.
>>

>Yes, this sounds like a good compromise. I really think that
>the usage of VPC should not be any different than using
>"usual" pipeline components - it should be transparent.
>I agree that looking up sitemap components outside of the
>tree processor does really happen not very often, so
>providing such a wrapper is the best way to go.

Cool, we found an efficient solution :-)

>So, for implementation VPC the only missing piece is resolving
>of relative sources, right?

Yep. Problem is that currently the "src" attribute is a raw string and
so we don't absolutize URIs at the place where they're written but at
the placed where they're used, i.e. potentially in another context.

So we can enforce the contract of "src", stating that it *is* a URI, and
thus absolutized by the sitemap engine at statement execution time. We
have to perform extended checks that no component uses it another way
though. Or we could have a marker interface extending
SitemapModelComponent that could be used to distinguish the component's
expectations.

We also need an absolutizer input-module that allows people to
absolutize URIs used in other attributes than "src". That works pretty
well using the nested variables resolution we have now, e.g.
<map:parameter name="blah" value="{absolutize:data/{1}.xml}"/>

WDYT?

Sylvain