cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: FilesystemStore broken???
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:01:28 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> After a brief suggestion from Carsten, given that I already have a
> B-Tree indexing filesystem under my live application (ReiserFS) I wanted
> to switch the persistent store to be the FilesystemStore, and ignore all
> those JISP/JCACHE/EHCACHE/blablabla stuff...
>
> Looking at my cocoon.xconf, I see this:
>
> WARNING: FilesystemStore and JispStore are broken.

FilesystemStore:

   It was consistently not working (IIRC) since 2.1 - which has
   significantly larger keys - and this means, store will create
   files with significantly larger file names - which do not fit
   into most file systems.

JispStore:

   JISP file tends to get corrupted, throws some exceptions,
   and sometimes serves wrong content (if index is corrupted).
   JISP 3.0 should have fixed this but it was released under
   incompatible license.

You can try and improve FilesystemStore. May be use some hash for the file name?

Vadim