cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] subversion pre commit hook
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 23:00:49 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 14 oct. 04, à 17:01, Torsten Curdt a écrit :
>
>> ...but feels like a work around...
>

> You could say "hack" ;-)
>
>>  I would really prefer
>> to have the change of the status.xml included in the
>> very same transaction.
>

> Sure, if you can change status.xml in the same transaction it would be
> cool. Just wanted to share my "simplest thing that works" idea, in case
> the direct change is too hard.
>
> -Bertrand

Not sure how current it is but I found this:

# On a Unix system, the normal procedure is to have 'pre-commit'
# invoke other programs to do the real work, though it may do the
# work itself too.
#
#   ***   NOTE: THE HOOK PROGRAM MUST NOT MODIFY THE TXN.    ***
#   This is why we recommend using the read-only 'svnlook' utility.
#   In the future, Subversion may enforce the rule that pre-commit
#   hooks should not modify txns, or else come up with a mechanism
#   to make it safe to do so (by informing the committing client of
#   the changes).  However, right now neither mechanism is
#   implemented, so hook writers just have to be careful.

Bummer! I gonna ask the subversion peeps
if that's still the case.

cheers
--
Torsten