cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SQLTransformer, reaction on socket close?
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:46:40 GMT
Stephan Coboos wrote:

> Hi Sylvain,
>
> One output format will be a raw xml document (generated by the
> SQLTransformer). It will be parsed by an java client. On the other
> hand the output will be transformed to a HTML or Excel document by an
> XSLT Transformer. As you has written in your post before, I think the
> second one is not possible to detect a "browser cancel"? Is there a
> workaraound available?

Unfortunately not with XSLT. If the transformation can be streamed (e.g.
it creates a <table> with the contents of the results), you should
consider using STX which doesn't buffer the input document as XSLT does.

> What happens on the first one (directly xml output) if the user stops
> the transfer by closing the browser?

In that case, the server will receive a socket exception, which will
lead to disposing the pipeline and therefore recycling the
SQLTransformer, which closes the connection.

> Thank you, Sylvain.

Well, hope this helps :-)

Sylvain