cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SQLTransformer, reaction on socket close?
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:26:42 GMT
Stephan Coboos wrote:

> I had forgotten to say: "The database connection should be closed if
> the user closes the browser _during reading_." So a hughe set of data
> which are not needed should not read again out of the database to save
> resources.

We can know if the user closed her browser only by receiving an excption
when trying to send data. That means that output of the SQLTransformer
must be streamed down to the browser with no intermediate buffering,
which unfortunately is what happens with an XSL transformation.

What are the components after the SQLTransformer?

Sylvain